The lumber mill was the heart and soul of McCloud for many years – starting in 1896. Enjoy one of the historic pictures of a sawyer next to a felled tree (photo courtesy of the McCloud Museum). The mill was referred to as “Mother McCloud” – workers enjoyed housing, medical etc all through the local mill. Most of the buildings in the town today were built by the mill to house their workers.
January 5th, 2013 by mccloud