We’re delighted to welcome you to McCloud, where wide-open spaces and refreshing mountain breezes provide a relaxing respite from the stress of the past couple of years. While the Mount Shasta Region may seem like another world, we still face the same challenges during these unprecedented times. At the McCloud Hotel, we’ve taken several measures to keep you safe and well during your visit.
AT THE MCCLOUD HOTEL
We’ve increased the cleaning frequency, and you’ll often see our staff sanitizing in the lobby, upstairs parlor, and the garden lounging areas. We’ll also be cleaning handrails, doors, and counters more frequently throughout the day. Our staff is encouraged to check their temperature before coming to work and stay home if they are not feeling well. California has removed most travel-related restrictions. We will adjust protocols as changing circumstances warrant.
CHECK-IN AND TEXT-BASED GUEST MESSAGING SYSTEM
The McCloud Hotel is utilizing technology to provide enhanced communication with guests. Contactless check-in is being implemented so guests can expect to find an arrival envelope on the front desk. We are using a text-based Guest Messaging System to help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact. This system will allow us to establish real-time communication with guests throughout their stay. And, guests will still be able to reach us by phone too.
A CLEAN & SAFE ENVIRONMENT, AS ALWAYS
McCloud Hotel remains committed to upholding the highest cleanliness standards and has taken an extra level of sanitary precautions to qualify for the California Hotel & Lodging Association Clean + Safe Certification. We have made some changes to ensure our guest’s and staff’s health and safety. Below are the response measures that will help us maintain a healthy environment for everyone:
- Designated employees to focus on sanitizing, including routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the hotel and restaurants.
- Disposable wipes so that high-touch surfaces (for example, doorknobs, handrails, tables) can be wiped down and disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- Hand Sanitizer at the check-in desk.
- Single-use disposable wipes for guest use will be available in-room and throughout the hotel.
- You will see an increased frequency of cleaning restrooms and public areas.
- As the California Hotel & Lodging Association recommended, we are not offering daily housekeeping. Every guest room is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before your arrival. During your stay, we will not provide daily housekeeping. Please let our guest services team know if you wish to receive refresh service. We will be happy to schedule service.
- Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before your arrival.
- A breakfast tray will be prepared for pick-up from the hotel lobby for guests to enjoy in-room, garden, or the lobby.
- Signage will inform guests if a facemask is required. We ask guests to maintain social distancing in all public areas.
BREAKFAST AND DINING
Your stay at the McCloud Hotel includes a full hot made-to-order breakfast. The hotel will offer a breakfast buffet or breakfast trays that may be enjoyed in the dining room, lobby, garden, or taken to your room. Guests TEXT us the night before with their room number, order, and the time they would like to pick up their tray from the hotel lobby. Breakfast can also be packed “to-go” for guests that want to get on the road. As always, let us know if you have any dietary restrictions. The Axe & Rose Public House restaurant is open Wednesday – Sunday. The Sage restaurant remains temporarily closed.
IN-ROOM REFRIGERATORS, COFFEE & TEA
In response to the pandemic, we quickly realized we would need to move communal amenities like our self-serve coffee/tea bar and guest use of refrigerators in-room. We’ve completed this upgrade of new “no vibration” quiet, compact refrigerators for each room. Every room and suite is now also equipped with a water kettle and coffee/tea basket.
Please feel free to call (530) 964-2822 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. We will continue to monitor the advice and direction of the CDC, California Health Department, and Siskiyou County Public Health so we can update this notice as warranted. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel and encourage guests to stay informed about COVID-19 in our county.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the McCloud Hotel.