Updated January 6, 2021
Hotels are open with modifications. See California Department of Public Health Travel Advisory.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY
We’re delighted to welcome you to McCloud, where wide-open spaces and refreshing mountain breezes provide a relaxing respite from the stress of the past few months. While the Mount Shasta Region may seem like another world, we still face the same challenges during these unprecedented times. At the McCloud Hotel, we’ve taken several additional measures to keep you — and us — safe and well during your visit.
AT THE MCCLOUD HOTEL
We’ve increased the cleaning frequency, and you’ll often see our staff sanitizing in the lobby, upstairs parlor, and in the garden lounging areas. We’ll also be cleaning handrails, doors, and counters more frequently throughout the day. Our staff is encouraged to check their temperature before coming to work and to stay home if they are not feeling well. All of our team will be wearing masks whenever they may come into contact with others.
IN THE MOUNTAINS
Social distancing has become a way of life, and county officials ask that you respect a six-foot social distancing from those not in your immediate traveling party throughout your stay in Mount Shasta. Siskiyou County requires facial coverings. Most activities in the region are available, and restaurants have reopened, both at reduced capacity. Our Axe & Rose Pub is open Wednesday – Sunday with indoor and outdoor seating.
Thank you for visiting and for your cooperation.
TEXT-BASED GUEST MESSAGING SYSTEM
The McCloud Hotel is utilizing technology to reduce direct contact. We are introducing a text-based Guest Messaging System to help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact. This system will allow us to establish real-time communication with guests throughout their stay. And, guests will still be able to reach us by phone too.
A CLEAN & SAFE ENVIRONMENT, AS ALWAYS
In preparing to welcome you back to our hotel, we make some changes to ensure our guest’s and staff’s health and safety. McCloud Hotel remains committed to upholding the highest cleanliness standards and has taken an extra level of sanitary precautions to qualify for the California Hotel & Lodging Association Clean + Safe Certification. Below are the response measures that will help us maintain a healthy environment for everyone:
- Designated employees to focus on sanitizing, which includes routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the hotel and restaurants.
- Disposable wipes so that high touch surfaces (for example, doorknobs, handrails, tables) can be wiped down and disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- Hand Sanitizer at the check-in desk.
- Single-use disposable wipes for guest use will be available in-room and throughout the hotel.
- More frequent cleaning of restrooms and public areas.
- As recommended by the California Hotel & Lodging Association, we are not offering daily housekeeping. Housekeeping will not enter your room during your stay.
- We are removing in-room items that may allow for the transmission of COVID-19, including decorative pillows and bedspreads, guest directory, and magazines.
- Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before your arrival.
- A breakfast tray will be prepared for pick-up from the hotel lobby for guests to enjoy in-room.
- Signage will inform guests that a facemask is required. We ask guests to maintain social distancing in all public areas.
BREAKFAST AND DINING
We are modifying the breakfast service to accommodate in-room breakfast trays. Guests will TEXT us the night before with their room number, order, and the time they would like to pick up their tray from the hotel lobby. Breakfast can also be packed “to-go” for guests that want to get on the road. As always, let us know if you have any dietary restrictions. The Axe & Rose Public House restaurant is open for takeout service 4 – 7pm Winter Hours Closed Mon/Tues and some Sundays. The Sage restaurant remains temporarily closed.
IN-ROOM REFRIGERATORS, COFFEE & TEA
In response to the pandemic, we quickly realized we would need to move communal amenities like our self-serve coffee/tea bar and guest use of refrigerators in-room. We’ve just completed this upgrade of new “no vibration” quiet, compact refrigerators for each room. Every room and suite is now also equipped with a water kettle and coffee/tea basket.
TRAILS, WATERFALLS, GOLF ARE OPEN
The McCloud River Waterfall trail loop is open.
Everet Memorial Highway to Bunny Flats on Mt Shasta is open.
Lake Siskiyou’s recreation area is open.
McCloud Golf Course is open.
Please feel free to call (530) 964-2822 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. We will continue to monitor the advice and direction of the CDC, California Health Department, and Siskiyou County Public Health so we can update this notice as warranted. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel and encourage guests to stay informed about COVID-19 in our county.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the McCloud Hotel.