WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY
We’re delighted to welcome you to McCloud, where wide-open spaces and refreshing mountain breezes provide a relaxing respite from the stress of the past few months. While the Mount Shasta Region may seem like another world, we do still face the same challenges during these unprecedented times. At the McCloud Hotel, we’ve taken several additional measures to keep you — and us — safe and well during your visit.
AT THE MCCLOUD HOTEL
We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning and you’ll often see our staff sanitizing in the lobby, upstairs parlor, and in the garden lounging areas. We’ll also be cleaning handrails, doors, and counters more frequently throughout the day. Our staff is encouraged to check their temperature before coming to work and to stay home if they are not feeling well. All of our staff will be wearing masks whenever they may come into contact with others.
IN THE MOUNTAINS
Social distancing has become a way of life and county officials ask that throughout your stay in Mount Shasta you respect a six-foot social distancing from those, not in your immediate traveling party. Facial coverings are required in Siskiyou County. Most activities in the region are available and restaurants have reopened, both at reduced capacity. Our Axe & Rose Pub is open Wednesday – Sunday with indoor and outdoor seating.
Thank you for visiting and for your cooperation.
TEXT-BASED GUEST MESSAGING SYSTEM
The McCloud Hotel is utilizing technology to reduce direct contact. To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 transmission through person-to-person contact, we are introducing a text-based Guest Messaging System. This system will allow us to establish real-time communication with guests throughout their stay. And, guests will still be able to reach us by phone too.
A CLEAN & SAFE ENVIRONMENT, AS ALWAYS
In preparing to welcome you back to our hotel, we are making some changes to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff. McCloud Hotel remains committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and have taken an extra level of sanitary precautions to qualify for the California Hotel & Lodging Association Clean + Safe Certification. Below are the response measures that will help us maintain a healthy environment for everyone:
- Designated employees to focus on sanitizing, which includes routinely cleaning all frequently touched surfaces throughout the hotel and restaurants.
- Disposable wipes so that high touch surfaces (for example, doorknobs, handrails, tables) can be wiped down and disinfected by staff throughout the day.
- Hand Sanitizer at the check-in desk.
- Single-use disposable wipes for guest use will be available in-room and throughout the hotel.
- Increased cleaning of restrooms and public areas.
- As recommended by the California Hotel & Lodging Association, we are not offering daily housekeeping. To minimize the chance of virus transmission, housekeeping will not enter your room during your stay.
- Removal of in-room items that may allow for the transmission of COVID-19, including decorative pillows and bedspreads, guest directory, and magazines.
- Your room will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before your arrival.
- Breakfast tray will be prepared for pick-up from the hotel lobby for guests to enjoy in-room, on the front porch, or in the gardens. Limited seating available in the lobby with tables spaced for social distancing and dining room capacity reduced by 50%.
- Signage will ask guests to wear a facemask and maintain social distancing in public areas.
BREAKFAST AND DINING
Breakfast service has been modified to accommodate social distancing and a 50% reduced capacity for indoor dining. Guests will be asked to TEXT us the night before with their room number, order, and time they would like to pick up their tray from the hotel lobby. Breakfast can also be packed “to-go” for guests that want to get on the road. As always, let us know if you have any dietary restrictions. The Axe & Rose Public House restaurant is open for dine-in and takeout service Wednesday – Sunday. Closed Mon/Tues. The Sage restaurant remains temporarily closed.
IN-ROOM REFRIGERATORS, COFFEE & TEA
In response to the pandemic, we quickly realized we would need to move communal amenities like our self-serve coffee/tea bar and guest use of refrigerators in-room. We’ve just completed this upgrade of new “no vibration” quiet compact refrigerators for each room. Every room and suite is now also equipped with a water kettle and coffee/tea basket.
TRAILS, WATERFALLS, GOLF ARE OPEN
The McCloud River Waterfall trail loop is open.
Everet Memorial Highway to Bunny Flats on Mt Shasta is open.
Lake Siskiyou recreation area is open.
McCloud Golf Course is open.
Please feel free to call (530) 964-2822 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. We will continue to monitor the advice and direction of the CDC, California Health Department, and Siskiyou County Public Health so we can update this notice as warranted. We sincerely appreciate the trust you place in us when you travel and encourage guests to stay informed about reported cases in our county. We look forward to a time in the near future (we hope) when we can welcome you back to the McCloud Hotel.